Operation60s

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Aaahhhhh

Have been feeling kinda glum over the last few weeks and have been finding it difficult to muster any enthusiasm over anything. Not just my weight loss.

I had a day off yesterday which seems to have done the trick. I spring cleaned the house, got all the washing up to date and even lay in the sun with my book and went for a nap. Today I feel a lot better.

It is so easy to stop smelling the roses and to fail to notice all the good things that are happening in your own wee world. I suppose we are, from time to time, caught up with all the stresses that arise from raising a family, being in a relationship, working and trying to lose weight etc that we forget to notice all the nice things that are happening.

I went for a walk this morning for 10 minutes this morning in my break time. It is obviously quick a short walk but I go over a bridge, down a path with a park on one side and a creek on the other, past the hospital and down the main street. This morning it was beautifully warm with a nice breeze and as I was walking I started to smell the roses again. The willows trees along the creek are now totally covered with new green leaves, the park is covered in daisys and there were ducks swimming along the water. I could have walked all day. How could I not gain some enthusiasm after that. To complete my walk I walked down the main street and even managed to do the mirror whore thing in the shop windows. I now feel great!

I have come so far on this. The scales are looking positive for a loss tomorrow and I am a third of the way through this.

For my last 10 and a bit kilos I am going to focus on three things:

1) eating well and sticking to my points (obviously)
2) focus on toning my wobbly little body
3) learn to accept the body that I have

I have got an exercise plan to do as well as continuing walking and I made a start on that last night. Today I know I have thighs! Ow!

So many things to do today. Pay day so have to scoot around town and pay my bills, doing the groceries after work and then try and squeeze in some more toning exercise and a walk tonight. Phew!

Had better carry on doing work!

xx

PS please positive think for my poor wee cat today! Jo is long haired and very tangly. We have got sick of trying to groom her ourselves (as she gets very pissed off rather quickly) so Jo Fluff is taking a trip to the vet today to get knocked out and shaved! Poor thing!

--------------------oOo--------------------

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

Spring cleaning gives you such a sense of achievement doesn't it.

Hope your dear pussy is OK. She will be a lot better for her hair cut though and it will soon grow back.

1:28 PM  
Blogger 14pk said...

OO I'M GOING TO SPRING CLEAN TOO..woohooo


ooo hope your little cat ok....if you read my blog, i managed to knock out my pet...minus the vet and shave LOL.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

It's great to have some time off and catch up with yourself :)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

I laid out in the sun yesterday with a book too...lol
I have made astart to spring cleaning - doing a few cupbords so far!
What are the exercise plan that you are doing??

Hope Jo came home in a good mood!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hey there! What a lovely, upbeat post. It's nice to see you're feeling good about yourself.

8:46 AM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Hope your cat is ok. My family's dog has to be sedated for her bi-annual hair cut, as she's 14 (98 in dog years!).

Glad you're feeling happy and good about yourself. Keep that feeling all weekend!

Have a good one :)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home