Operation60s

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Lightbulb moment ....

I have been feeling rather sorry for myself lately. Life seems to be humming along quite nicely .. except for my weight loss. I am now sitting at 73 kgs but have been making none, or half-arsed efforts, to lose weight. Stupid girl! I puddle around and decide one morning I am going to start again but then something tempts me (food related) or I have an excuse not to exercise (weather related). I then kid myself that I am happy with the way I am anyway and I don't really need to lose any more. Or I tell myself that my body is just sitting at 73 kgs because maybe that is as low as it wants to go.

As I said stupid.

I am going to Italy soon .. in 23 days to be exact.

My family over there have not seen me since I started losing weight. To be honest they would have seen me last when I was hovering in the high 90s. I want to blow there socks off. I know I will already but at the moment (to quote Shania Twain) .. 'man I feel fat!". I have some how though convinced myself that it doesn't matter. They will notice the difference anyway. But I really want to get into the 60s. That was my goal. I want to feel slim again. Not fat. I want to feel confident in my dress. I want to feel confident in my skin. I want to show those Italians what Kiwi girls are made of.

Most of this year seems to have been geared around getting 6 of us on a plane in 23 days. My parents - they can organise themselves. But I have had to organise two boys, my partner and me.

This is a portion of the list.

Passports - done
Supporting letters from CYFS to get C1 overseas - done
Money saved - done
Clothes bought - done
Cats booked into cattery - done
Organised time off work/school - done
Tanning my white fat body - being done
Gearing up to go on a plane (without picturing falling from the sky - I am rather scared of flying) - almost done - not helped though when I started reading a book which described a plane hitting the earth...
Letters from doctors to get C2's medication through customs - done
Wedding present bought - done
Speaking Italian - disaster (but hey clever C2 can count to 10 in Italian and say a few words - he will do!)

Weight loss - forgotten about. Bugger! Actually to be honest. Ignored.

I am home sick today. I have ignored blog land for weeks (maybe even months). I clicked on to a few blogs this morning and saw people not succeeding 100% all the time but damn they were giving it a good go. What sort of person would I be to just give up now? Bugger it - if you guys can just keep on putting one foot in front of the other and doing this then I bloody well am not going to let the side down.

For the next 23 days I am concentrating on getting Fat Nancy as close to those wonderful 60s numbers as I can. One foot in front of the other. Just keep on going. I am not going to make a long involved complicated plan. The answer is right where I knew it was. Eat the right amount of points, exercise and stick to it. Simple.

'You never fail until you stop trying'





--------------------oOo--------------------

5 Comments:

Blogger Kt said...

welcome back!!!!! 23 days is just over 3 weeks, i reckon u can get close to the 60s, if not in the 60s by the time u leave! you'll knock their socks off anyway!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oh Nancy. 23 days to go - how exciting. And well done for getting all those tasks done. That is super organised. I am sure I would still be wondering where the birth certificates were to get the passports (and as a side note I did already have to get replacement birth certificates as I had already misplaced them and the boys aren't even 5 yet!!)

Anway. Good on you for not giving up. You are worth far to much to give up on and even though it has been a longish break, you may have done yourself a bit of a favour. Can you imagine the shock you are going to put your body in, if you get back into exercising and eating the way you were when you were on fire. It is going to panic and probably drop the kilos in the first week!! Well maybe not all of them.

OK I have rambled long enough but really wanted to say Welcome back, well done, and you can do this :D

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Nancy, good luck with your plans, anyway just look how far youve come... have a fantacstic trip

Margaret ( Canterbury NZ)

10:13 AM  
Blogger 14pk said...

woohoo kick some butt girl, i'm the professional at ignoring my weight - dont ignore it girl or yo'ull end up my size!! kick ass!!

9:25 AM  
Blogger 14pk said...

i love that quote..its just the kick we all need mate.

23 days to go YAY hehe

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home