Operation60s

Monday, November 07, 2005

Sooky Nancy

Went round to Mum and Dads on way to work to say final goodbye (very teary goodbye I might add) to Jack this morning. BF has been giving me Jack updates all morning at work - he went to the sale yards this morning and did in fact get sold. The good (ish) news is that he wasn't bought by the freezing works - was actually bought by a farmer so looks as though, while he won't be at our farm, he will live to see another day! We are quite happy with that (although obviously sad to see him go). BF went to talk to Jack after the sale to say goodbye - apparently got a few strange looks from the other farmers!
BF and I have decided on a lemon tree for Jack and will be planting it at Mum and Dad's (soon to be our) house.

Had a case of the Monday blues today. Not only cos of Jack but also am so tired. BF has decided that snoring is his new favourite hobby so the last two nights I have jumped ship and ended up sleeping on the couch. I hate it - BF wakes up grumpy cos I am not there, I wake up tired so not a good start to the day. Have also been a bit stressed lately - Xmas is coming up so fast and while I am more prepared than other years I still have so many things to pay for before December plus we have been invited to so social events over the next couple of weeks which will use a bit more money. My weight loss hasn't been going according to plan which has been leaving me rather frustrated! I really just need to stop spending money on my new hobby .. well if BF can take one up so can I .. I love shopping! Have been buying so many new clothes lately it is not funny! I have never been a huge shopper and BF always considered himself quite lucky in that regard but now there are so many cool, summery, girly clothes that actually fit me! I need them all. I have to show off my new body! Hehe!

So today I have officially relaunched my weight loss journey. I need to follow M's lead and put on my determined hat! Everyone seems to be posting fantastic loses and I am not - obviously because I am only putting 25% in to this and everyone else is putting far more into it than me! Hmm.... would have a lot to do with it eh!

I have followed points today, still have heaps left over for tea, have planned a walk this evening (and am going to push myself to actually do it). I am going to try and have a few low days this week to kick start my body and then increase back to 20. I am going to get to the 60s by Xmas:

Current Weight: 75kgs
Goal Before Xmas: 69.9kgs
Left to Lose: 5.1kgs
Weigh in Days Left: 7
Weekly Average Loss Needed: 720grams

Way achievable. I know when I get stuck I can lose weight rather quickly. 100% effort is all that is needed.

100% ..... imagine being a 60s Nancy at Xmas. I can handle that ....... :o)

xx

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You can do it Nancy! Just put on that *determination hat* and get moving :-) I like that you are calling yourself Thinner Nancy now. Much more positive. I hope you have a great week!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

First time that I have popped in on your blog...you have done sooo well. I will keep on popping in to see how you are going..
I do have a question - How did you decide on your goal weight???? I am at the stage where I need to think hard about what weight I would like to be... only 1.3kg from the start of the heathly weight for my height and I don't want to set a goal that I won't reach....

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

You can do it. Then you will have to do even more shopping *weg*

7:07 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Gotta love that determination hat! You can do it!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

You can do it!!!
I have just taken shopping up as a hobby too...lol

10:33 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Yes you can do it! Good luck and keep at it and you will be a 60's girl for Christmas.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Like you, I too have a new hobby of shopping. Al doesn't know what happened to his old wife who hated having to go and buy clothes and would only go when he forced her too !!!!
Tried on my long jeans to go to Taiwan next month - they fell off !!! So now have to go and buy another pair - as Target are having "Buy 1 get 2nd pair for 50% sale" there isn't any point in only buying one pair, is there ? Will be doing that on Saturday.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home